This blog is intended for students in the Santa Rosa Junior College's CS 55.12 (Introduction to ASP.NET) class. It is monitored by the instructor and students can ask questions, comments, or answer other students questions. Have fun.
I'm still not sure how this blog thing works. There seems to have been a question asked, but I don't see it anywhere. There are still only the two comments to your first post. If we're supposed to help each other it seems like we should be able to see what other folks are writing. Am I doing something wrong?
Also, will there be examples of what you're asking for in the homework in the online session on Monday? For example, you ask for creating a table two different ways using loops. Will you discuss this Mon?
Is there such a thing as office hours for an online class?
Thanks Is there anything like a learning center where we can get some help?
I'd like students to get used to using blogs like this because it is a great way to ask questions and learn things when you are not in a class. They may not all look like this, but the concept is the same.
Yes, I will essentially do the homework online and you can watch me. I'll explain what I am doing as I go along.
Yes, there are office hours, I have not quite figured out when to have them. They are online as well, I'll get that figured out soon.
I don't think there is a learning center. Please, don't hesitate to ask question here or email me. At the end of the online session on Monday I'll stick around and help folks as much as they need.
Are we supposed to be able to post stuff like you did with the lesson3 comments or are we only able to post comments? I'm logged in, and following (with misgivings, but for the sake of the class I'm trying it), but I still only see the option to post comments.
Yes, this is not a real message board where anyone can post top level items. You can only comment on items I post. Please go ahead and try it (as you have, thanks). I'll see if I can come up with a better place in the future.
Thanks, Terry. I imagine it's tough to get things up and running quickly when you're hired two weeks into a class! I appreciate your efforts and your feedback!
Hi Terry, It's still not clear how we turn in homework. Do we email the files to you? I assume that ASP.NET web pages won't run on Student as it's a Unix server. Anyway, I've been a software engineer for many years mostly coding low level embedded firmware in Assembly and C. I'm pretty good with HTML having just earned my Web Design Certificate from SRJC. I'm taking this class to earn a Certificate in JavaScript (and, of course, to learn ASP.NET). Anna
I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I am also still unclear as to how to turn in homework? Also, is there anything we should have already turned in?
Lastly, have you let everyone know yet where we will be doing the online lecture?
Thanks so much..glad we have a teacher and welcome to SRJC!
Welcome Terry. I'm looking forward to this class.
ReplyDeletetest
ReplyDeleteHi Terry,
ReplyDeleteI'm still not sure how this blog thing works. There seems to have been a question asked, but I don't see it anywhere. There are still only the two comments to your first post. If we're supposed to help each other it seems like we should be able to see what other folks are writing. Am I doing something wrong?
Also, will there be examples of what you're asking for in the homework in the online session on Monday? For example, you ask for creating a table two different ways using loops. Will you discuss this Mon?
Is there such a thing as office hours for an online class?
Thanks
Is there anything like a learning center where we can get some help?
I'd like students to get used to using blogs like this because it is a great way to ask questions and learn things when you are not in a class. They may not all look like this, but the concept is the same.
ReplyDeleteYes, I will essentially do the homework online and you can watch me. I'll explain what I am doing as I go along.
Yes, there are office hours, I have not quite figured out when to have them. They are online as well, I'll get that figured out soon.
I don't think there is a learning center. Please, don't hesitate to ask question here or email me. At the end of the online session on Monday I'll stick around and help folks as much as they need.
Terry
Are we supposed to be able to post stuff like you did with the lesson3 comments or are we only able to post comments? I'm logged in, and following (with misgivings, but for the sake of the class I'm trying it), but I still only see the option to post comments.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Yes, this is not a real message board where anyone can post top level items. You can only comment on items I post. Please go ahead and try it (as you have, thanks). I'll see if I can come up with a better place in the future.
ReplyDeleteASSIGNMENTS -
ReplyDeleteI see that Lesson 3 is due Wednesday the 9th (midnight).
When/how will we turn in Lessons 1 & 2?
(Did I miss something?)
Let's start with lesson 3. I was not really on board for those.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Terry. I imagine it's tough to get things up and running quickly when you're hired two weeks into a class! I appreciate your efforts and your feedback!
ReplyDeleteHi Terry,
ReplyDeleteIt's still not clear how we turn in homework. Do we email the files to you? I assume that ASP.NET web pages won't run on Student as it's a Unix server.
Anyway, I've been a software engineer for many years mostly coding low level embedded firmware in Assembly and C. I'm pretty good with HTML having just earned my Web Design Certificate from SRJC. I'm taking this class to earn a Certificate in JavaScript (and, of course, to learn ASP.NET).
Anna
Hi Terry,
ReplyDeleteI wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I am also still unclear as to how to turn in homework? Also, is there anything we should have already turned in?
Lastly, have you let everyone know yet where we will be doing the online lecture?
Thanks so much..glad we have a teacher and welcome to SRJC!